Monday, September 17, 2007

The Beginning

Welcome to my first blog space on the information highway.

Tonight, I noticed my fifteen year old brother is writing HTML and making his own web page. He is two weeks into his high school Computer Science class and his coding abilities have already surpassed my limited knowledge. This really made me think about the pace of this new net generation. I consider myself fairly proficient with information technology, but my high school computer class was keyboarding. We spent three months learning to type. I already knew how to type - thanks to icq I think - so the course was not very useful for me. I wish I learned HTML in high school.
Then my blog would really look awesome. Learning how to make web pages is so basic that it is now a part of high school curriculum. What a great starting point. This blog is my first venture into posting online. I am excited to expand my IT skills in graduate school (catch up with the high-schoolers!), while applying my new abilities to the management of information.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo, did you BOLD your text through HTML coding???

bob said...

No kidding. I wish I had learned more basic coding back in the day. I'm starting to know what it feels like to be old.